Hung Mieu Temple, Hue Citadel / Imperial City, Hue, Vietnam

Floating landscape sculpture, Hung Mieu Temple, Hue Citadel / Imperial City, Hue, Vietnam

Located north of the Mieu, Hung Mieu was devoted to the woship of King Gia Long’s parents (Lord Nguyen Phuc Luan and his wife). It was constructed in 1821 by King Minh Mang. Hung Temple as seen today was re-constructed in 1951 by lady Tu Cung (the last queen mother of the Nguyen dynasty), but it’s not according to original architecture.

VIEW MORE IMAGES of Hung Mieu Temple, Imperial City, Hue

VIEW IMAGES of Hue Citadel & Imperial City, Hue, Vietnam

Photography © Quintin Lake, 2010